Stupid Birthday

Last night, woke up from my sleep with the sms. A surprise early birthday wish from a person whom I barely know for about a week. It's from Sopi ( the guy I mentioned in my previous post). Guess he saw the birth date on my photocopy IC or something since he's the one doing part of the procedure during the accident. Then a heart-warming sms from my dear sister. Tears rolling down my cheek again. Love ya sister. A pleasant surprise too when received the birthday wish from a long lost contacted friend, ChanChan. Very thoughtful of you gal, thanks. =)

Early morning woke up to the strong wind and dark sky..apparently I thought it's gonna rain heavily today. Very rare to wake up to such weather though...I mean lately.
Work as usual which then suddenly our clerk came and held my hand to wish me happy birthday. There I thought no one would ever knew at this new working place of mine. I thank her from the bottom of my heart. It was a pleasant surprise for the early morning. That enough to make me happy.

Just when I thought today was going to be fine, somehow the lady from the workshop called me and informed me that I need to make a payment back for the NCD as I've paid the car insurance with the entitlement of the NCD before the unfortunate event. Or else there's gonna be delay in claiming the insurance. Sigh.

It's bugging me to think that I need to settle it urgently while I'm at work. It's even hard just to make a call at the office as there's no private space between us there since the bosses are all situated nearby with us. Well, I'm working for a Japanese's company so that's part of the culture whereby the big boss, boss and the staff all cramped in this big office with little private space of your own.

Even worse, there's no network at the washroom as well. I was a bit panicked at that point of time as I need to think and act promptly. During the brief break for breakfast, I've tried to call Allianz but apparently the person on the other end couldn't hear me clearly. At that point of time, I'm a bit frustrated. I stomped out from the office and trying hard to find a spot to call asking for their account number for I thought I could just bank it in like usual as I paid for the car insurance. To may dismay, it was not allowed and she advised me to walk in to their branch. Damn.

Back at the office, I was staring blankly at computer screen. Not another unpaid leave again. It wasn't easy to get the first one and now again??? Nevertheless, I have to meet my senior supervisor, manager and senior manager just to get it approved. Hate to tell them the whole story from one to another again and again. Already, I'm worry about my job performance and now with this. Double whammy.

Just as I've continued with my work, suddenly tears started to welling up. Held back my tears so hard till i reached the washroom. I just broke down. I have no idea. A very pathetic birthday I must say. I don't mean to be a cry baby but a barrage of thoughts just occupied my head. Wondering when could I get back to the usual me.

Just as I was about to get ready to leave suddenly the senior supervisor called up for evaluation on my OJT report. Great. With such state of mind and emotion, I wasn't coherent with my words. Can't she be more considerate? Just then my colleague saved me when she purposely asking me out loud that shouldn't I be leaving since i'm taking the half day leave. Still, the senior supervisor going on and on with my other colleague questioning the procedure which somehow sparked a debate between them. Bitterness surfacing again, I'm in no mood for this. Feel like forever, then I was spared.

I wanna escape elsewhere now.



Comments

Popular Posts