Rushing towards weekend..

What a week...was under the weather but still need to attend the interview. Seems like i always got called for interviews when i'm sick. Then, there goes the marathon of interviews this week including GEMS interview.

Then the unexpected happened too. I went for an interview at Klang and didnt expect the HR really offer me the job. I knew i was hesitating as before that day itself, i've been interviewed for GEMS and have been invited to join the program after they've called my referees stated in my CV.

But that wasn't the sole reason for it. The location of my-suppose-to-be working place is at the remote area in Klang. No access to public transport. I've no clue how to plan to move there as that's also mean i need to get a car. Getting a car wouldn't be a problem if i negotiate with dad. But the problem is myself. I dont trust my driving skill basically and i sucks at directions. I wasn't excited at all when the HR told me that i can start working immediatelly as a chemist with my own assistants.

I was freak out and hell i dont know why. Chemist? Now, i'm not sure if i am really a chemist afterall. Geez..is that just a reason?
I don't know.I've told the HR to provide me some time to consider which in my heart i already know what is my answer. But, it was a privilege to be offered that job...i guess i always been in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.

I was so keen on GEMS that i imagining myself being part of the program already. I was anxious to be away for now as if to escape reality. But apart from that too, i have a goal. I'm gonna perform REALLY well in the program and keeping fingers crossed to be absorp into the selected GLC.

Of course, i'm still applying other jobs as well. So, i'm gonna go with both ways to maximise my time and to gain that experience as i'm not bounded to the program. Looking forwards for the opportunities.

While anxiously waiting for the offer letter from GEMS, i'm spending the day with dad who's gonna fly off to Qatar this midnight. Need to head back to the hotel again later to spend a night there alone after dad checking in for his early hours flight. Already, there's not much time to make preparation for GEMS as registration is on Sunday at Genting.

I admit the GEMS program is a bit last minute for my batch. I went interview on Wednesday and should be expecting the offer letter by today but there isnt any received though.According to Khazanah's personnel, they gonna email us on the details later due to server down.

I wish they could be fast on that as there are plenty of preparation to be done not to mention to buy the bus ticket as well.

Already, i'm exhausted due to the insomnia again. Nevertheless, keeping fingers crossed everything goes well. =)

Comments

Estefanía said…
wow...i don't even know how you can cope with all those interviews and travelling all over west msia to get to them.....really admire you...and it already sounds exhausting just by reading it...

btw, wats GEMS??...

good luck and break a leg!!
Exa S. said…
Good luck in finding the right job for you..
Starlight said…
no choice la dear...i just hope to seize the right opportunity...
yeah it sounds exhausting not to mentioned also burned holes in my pockets too coz i have to use public transport n cabs.

owh, GEMS=graduate employability management scheme run by d gov. dunno y, but im so keen on the training and on job training..just trying both sides at the meantime applying other jobs too, rather than just staying at home.

if performing well and there's any opening vacancy wif the gov linked companies (GLC) the candidates can be absorb into that company too...

good luck to u too for making up ur mind too there. :)

eexaa, thnx girl! and u doing fantastic job there as a teacher! :)
Ripsta said…
let ber social..
doing some stress therapy..
ahhaha
Anonymous said…
steph..is it just me? or are those really symbols?? hmm...

i mean im seeing cars and trains and stuffs..
Starlight said…
ripsta: hey, wat happened to the genting trip?? miss u guys lar...

sharon: i think it's because u're using IE?? there shall be no prob in viewing if u're using mozilla firefox
:)

Popular Posts