The Perfect Saturday

Friday was hectic for me. Chaos all day long at work and forced me stayed back till 8.30pm. Too engrossed with the work till I almost forgot that I need to go back to Kajang on that night so I can fetch dad at LCCT in the wee hours.


Rushing back to home and packed my stuff before headed back to Kajang. Along that long journey back, train of thoughts flooding in my head. I need to make sure dad wouldn't whine a lot this time like the previous one I had. He seemed to complain almost everything from the car and the way I drive.


All the tiny wheeny matters just seemed to annoy him. I still remember how hard I've tried to hold back my tears. It was a torturing to drive with him. What broke my heart back then was, it’s my humble intention wanting to spend time with him by suggesting him to stay a night at Kajang before sending him off again on the next day.


However, this time I still insist to fetch him up so that I can accompany him before he catch his flight to Bintulu that afternoon. I just want to spend time with him.


Even though I have to wake up at 5.30am on Saturday, it was exciting for me. The dark long journey seemed to soothe me while listening to my favourite songs on the CD. I got lost on the way to LCCT but managed to arrive early before dad showed up in front of my car. I was so glad to meet him!


He caught me by surprise when he didn’t even comment or whine on my ‘Baby Milo’ car accessories. Baby Milo is all over the place from the car seats, mirror, gear and steering. Haha, sounds a bit childish huh? Well, the other combination of colours didn’t attract me except that Baby Milo set. Furthermore, Baby Milo is cute ok!


So, that was a good start for me. Hmmm, but except the part where I got us lost on the way to Bukit Bintang. I thought I could find a shorter route to reach KL from LCCT but I was wrong. We went through like 6 tolls before ended up reaching in Kajang anyway. Haih, padan muka berlagak.

Poor dad, he was so hungry. But I’m glad along the way, we managed to engage in conversations which mean a lot to me. For me, I see it as our bonding session. It’s very hard to spend time with dad alone since he has his own family. He’s sort of distance away whenever they are around. Furthermore, Sandra would throw her tantrums whenever dad speaks to me or wraps his arm around me when walking by my side.


Anyway, finally we arrived at BB and had our meals. That was when dad asked me about IPhone 4 and IPad which made me went #_____# ????


I just don’t have that craze for Apple’s which makes me a bit oblivious it. Everyone seems to think that whoever owns it is sooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooooooooool. Yeah whatever. I’m still using a keypad phone, so?


Well of course I would love to have one if I have lots of $$$$$$$, don’t you?


But, Dad was right when he mentioned to me that when someone earns that big money their lifestyles change too. It’s all about status huh? Admit it, people are materialistic these days. Guess dad just doesn’t one to be left behind too.


He even shared a story with me about a real estate broker judging dad from his appearance. He didn’t even follow up and called back to him which made dad pissed off and complained about him. It was his loss then when dad decided not to use his service.


Well, even shop assistants do that kind of stuff if you know what I mean. Again, that’s how materialistic we are.


However, I must say I really look up to him as he doesn’t come from a highly educated family neither did he went to university. But he’s been travelling to places for his work. It was just a humble starting when he joined MLNG as a technician and now he’s been working with different O & G companies. What I observed from his is that, his willingness to learn and perseverance have make him the man that he is now. He’s even more advance in catching up with the latest technology trend than his young adult daughter . Isk isk isk.


Also, on that day he shared some tips on money exchange as we hopped from one money exchange booth to another. Meanwhile, in the car he took charge of the car stereo when he suddenly changed my favourite station. Now that I know how he loathes rap music with his imitation of that rapping style which made me giggled in the car. That was a pure joy for me. I was contented for the day.


Even though it was a bit sad to see him leaving after sending him back to the airport again, it’s suffice to say to myself that was the best day I ever had with my dad in my entire life.

Comments

Popular Posts